Welcome back! We hope you enjoyed your summer and Labor Day weekend. This may seem like a long'ish read, but I challenge you to not find something of value here:
If you missed Gary Vaynerchuk at the NJ Tech Meetup, you're in luck because we recorded it. 1500+ views so far. According to one viewer, Grant Lenaarts: "This is one of the very best of all the 50 interviews I have seen." So maybe find some time and give it a watch.. Warning: it's filled with cursing and lots of useful information. Subscribe to NJ Tech Meetup on YouTube to get notified when new videos go live.
After some of you are done regretting that you missed being there live last month, go RSVP for next week's NJ Tech Meetup with Kevin Ryan, founder of Gilt Groupe, Business Insider, and Mongo DB. He also led DoubleClick from 20 people to a 1500 person public company. Seems lke someone we can all learn from. RSVP before it's waitlist only.
We're streaming these meetups thanks to some awesome volunteers. Follow us on twitter first, then make sure to follow on Periscope (NJTech) or meerkat to be able to watch live. If you're thinking that you'll watch instead of attend, that's great, but keep in mind the value of being there in person. The most popular comment on Periscope last month was "wish I was there." But if you'd like to participate, say, naked, watching from home might be the way to go. If you want to meet cool peeps and get a live high five, c'mon down.
Two of your fellow members respresent awesome companies that decided to get more involved as supporters of our community:
2. Igloo.com - Heard of that super interesting and well-funded company called Jet.com? Wonder how they got that ridiculous 3-letter domain name? Answer: Amanda and the fine team at Igloo.com. Igloo is one of the leading domain name brokers on the planet. If you need help with a domain checkout Igloo.com and contact Amanda.
PRESS FOR YOU
Our content team is featuring members. You don't have to have a crazy high-profile startup. We are more interested in your story. Want us to write about you? Fill this out.
BIG CONF ORGANIZER?
Have you run a large music or tech event? We're considering getting involved with a large scale music and tech festival (details to come later). Looking for someone to help out who has run a large scale, 10,000-15,000 person event, conference, or festival. Just reply to this email.
In recap, here's your to-do list.
1. RSVP for next week's NJ Tech Meetup with Kevin Ryan
2. Follow NJTech to get links of livestream: Twitter / Meerkat / NJTech on Periscope
3. Watch Gary V at NJ Tech Meetup & subscribe to NJ Tech Meetup on YouTube
4. Reply if you know someone who has run a large conf or festival
5. Get profiled by filling this out
6. Be nice to strangers
7. Make today count
8. Click to tweet: I heart @NJTech like @realdonaldtrump hearts himself. In common: both provide occasional entertainment value.
The NJ Tech Meetup is made possible by supporters who want to help you. These best of breed companies have been vetted and together help provide the full suite of services you need to support your business so you can spend your time focused on what values most. Contact them:
▪ [ECOMM] Jet.com is the Hoboken-based startup that is reinventing how you shop online. They are also hiring. Checkout the roles here.
▪ [EDUCATION] Stevens Institute of Technology is a premier private coeducational institution focused on research and entrepreneurship. Visit: www.stevens.edu
▪ [FUNDING] Newark Venture Partners: Venture capital fund and accelerator. Learn more.
[MARKETING] Inflexion Interactive an innovative digital marketing agency of expert marketers, creatives, and technologists. Contact Scott Delea.
- [LEGAL] Morgan Lewis provides legal expertise for a company’s full life cycle. Competitive pricing and alternative fee arrangements. Contact Emilio.
- [DEV] Vora Ventures: is a VC firm with a hot portfolio in Digital, Cloud and Analytics. The firm invests in people more than sectors and has had an enviable track record of delivering triple digit IRR’s. Firm is HQ is Cinci with offices in NYC, SFO and Bangalore. Learn more.
▪ [ACCTING] EisnerAmper’s Technology Group meets the accounting, tax and consulting needs of both public and private companies of all sizes. Contact Alan.
▪ [FUNDING] Indiegogo is the world's largest crowdfunding platform. You can raise money for just about anything on Indiegogo by creating a product, business or charity campaign. Contact (NJ-proud!)John who can help you out.
▪ [DOMAINS] Igloo.com helps you buy and sell premium domain names. Find premium domain listings on Igloo.com. Have questions about domains? Email Amanda.
▪ [SPACE] Mission50 is Hoboken's premiere coworking space for startups. Email something nice toGreg and he might just give you a free 1 day pass.